At Hima Cement, Health and Safety is a core value. As the impact of COVID -19 is felt across the world, on people’s health and livelihoods, our priority at Hima Cement is to support our colleagues, our customers and the communities where we work through these unprecedented times.
Keeping our Employees Safe
The health and safety of our employees remains our number one priority. We have put in place a wide range of interventions to protect our teams.
- A Business Resilience Team to monitor and make timely decisions in response to the pandemic.
- Remote working for our Corporate Office employees and a good number of operational staff who can work off-site.
- Travel restrictions in line with Uganda Government directives
- Strict social distancing at our operational sites
- Hygiene protocols like sanitizing and handwashing stations at sites
- Body temperature screening at our access points for all employees and visitors
- Additional PPEs for drivers and operational teams including gloves and masks.
- Company and community-wide communication interventions on COVID - 19.
Keeping our Customers and Communities Safe
- Adoption of strict Standard Operating Procedures in our operations to adhere to social distancing and hygiene protocols
- Our Customers are placing their orders through our Lead Retail Appplication to avoid unnessesary contact and improve efficiency
- We have donated the use of one Ambulance to the Kasese District COVID-19 Task Force for response to community emergencies.
- We have donated mattresses, disinfectants, sanitizers and liquid soap to the National Task Force to equip health centers.
- We have donated building materials towards renovation or construction efforts by Uganda Government in repsonse to COVID-19.