PowerMAX 42,5 is an innovative versatile cement that combines excellent strength, consistent performance at all stages as well as assured long-term durability for concrete applications
Powermx is strategically designed as a modern cement that addresses the demands of today's construction sector for building and structures that will outlast generations to come.
Composition and Conformance
POWERMAX 42.5N is produced using locally manufactured clinker which is interground with pozzolanaand gypsum using our world class facilities in Hima, Kasese district. The product is produced under strict quality control processes under the supervision of Hima's quality engineers that ensure consistent unrivalled performance for every bag that reaches our customers.
Powermax is produced under the guidance of Uganda National Bureau of Standards and conforms to the Uganda/East African Cement Standards (US EAS 18-1 replicated from the European standard EN 197 - 1)
PowerMAX 42,5 meets all applicable physical and chemical requirements of the harmonized East African cement standard as per data below.
Applications for PowerMax 42,5
Powermax offers cost effective solutions to the changing trends in the construction industry, meeting the needs of specialized as well as ordinary applications.
- High strength concrete requirements (from C25 - C40)
- For mass concrete applications where low heat concrete is required.
- Foundation works for high rise structures
- Special construction needs like dams, bridges, commercial structures, tunnels and water channels
- Shotcrete applications
Benefits of using PowerMax 42,5
PowerMAX 42,5 brings about characteristics of:
- High long term strength (up to 50MPa at 28 days)
- Consistent concrete performance
- Flowable concrete easy to pump and place
- Prevention of bleeding and shrinkage cracking in concrete.
- Dense impermeable concrete leading to protection of internal reiforcement from rust and carbonation tendencies.
2 day compressive strength >/= 10MPa
28 day compressive strength >/= 42,5 MPa </= 62,5 MPa
Initial setting time >/= 60 minutes
Soundness (expansion) </= 10,0mm
Specific Gravitg 2.8 - 3.1
Boiling/melting point: > 1000° C
Freezing point: None, solid
Viscosity: None, solid
pH: pH of wet cement 12-14
Principal chemical constituents:
Tri-Calcium Silicate (3CaO.SiO2)
Di-calcium Silicate (2CaO.SiO2)
Tri-Calcium Aluminate (3CaO.Al2.O3)